Scholarships will be awarded on a first come, first serve basis, subject to available resources*. The YMCA reserves the right to adjust scholarships as needed during any given calendar year. Notice will be provided when adjustments will be made. Please visit the Child Care Financial Assistance page if you are interested in receiving financial aid for Day Camps, Before & After School, or early learning programs at the YMCA Children's Learning Center.
- Applicants must work or reside in the YMCA branch service area.
- Assistance will be granted on the basis of financial need.
- The YMCA believes a strong sense of ownership and pride is developed if the recipient has contributed to the cost of their YMCA involvement; therefore, applicants will be asked to pay some portion of the fees.
- Financial Assistance* is awarded on an annual basis from date of approval and will be re-qualified until May 30th of each year.
How to Apply
Applications are available through the appropriate YMCA office during normal business hours. All application records will be kept confidential.
- Applicants must completely fill out the attached Request for Financial Assistance form to be considered for financial assistance. See Financial Assistance PDF form below.
- Applicants are required to provide proof of income. (The YMCA requires two current consecutive payroll check stubs from each member of the household making an income or a letter from each employer verifying salary and/or your latest income tax return. YMCA also requires a current checking account statement). If any member of the household is currently unemployed for any reason, including disability, documentation proving unemployment must be provided.
- All sources of family income should be reported (this includes alimony, court ordered and non court ordered child support, disability, worker's compensation, and any other government assistance).
- Applicants must complete all necessary registrations for the programs for which they are requesting financial assistance.
- Applicants must either provide proof of membership at the YMCA of Rock River Valley or complete a membership application form at the time of applying (annual renewal of membership is required to continue to be qualified for financial assistance).
Applicants will be contacted within 5-10 business days of submitting the request for financial assistance*. The applicants will not be registered for programs until they come in and pay the specified program fee once they are called with approval.
Financial assistance* eligibility will be determined by the Member Service trained staff member, based on a thorough review of the application and all supporting documentation. No financial assistance application will be reviewed until all required documentation has been received by the YMCA Account Services Department. Failure to submit all required documentation within ten business days from date of original request will cause denial of your request. Subsidies will be granted to the extent that funds are available. The YMCA reserves the right to deny or end assistance to any applicant at any time. Notice will be provided immediately by the Account Services Department.
Removal or suspension of participation
Any family which does not utilize their approved financial assistance may lose it and be suspended from any further application for YMCA programs. If your child cannot participate you are required to contact the YMCA prior to your child's first day of attendance. Participation of services provided is expected to be utilized a minimum of 80% of the entire program. Abusing this policy will be grounds for dismissal from the YMCA program.
At the YMCA's discretion, if an account's status becomes past due for two weeks your child will be removed from the YMCA program for non-payment and will result in termination of financial assistance. Upon payment of your account in full, the YMCA will reconsider the reinstatement of financial assistance and allowing your child to attend YMCA programs.
Continuing Requirements to Maintain Financial Assistance
Update contact information, including address, home phone number, work phone number, and cell phone number for all guardians.
Maintain on going current account status.
Notification of changes in income for reconsideration of financial assistance needs.
* Open Doors and financial assistance funds are available only as donation and contribution funds allow